18.11.05 # A Slideous Show
Since I never seriously used those highly sophisticated presentation tools that come with nearly every office software package out there, I was perfectly happy with S5.
After using Html Slidy for a while I tried to customise and extend it. In fact I wanted ?
- manual instead of automatical font resizing.
- capability to select content during presentation and using the mouse for single-click navigation.
- automatical generation of a Table of Content inside of a specific slide.
- one-click completion of incremental slides.
- menu buttons in the statusbar.
- easy configuration and customization of behaviour and statusbar.
Patching Html Slidy turned out to be a surprisingly hard task for me, so I finally decided to write yet another script for controlling a slide show.
To get a first impression of Slideous you may want to start this presentation.
Please note, that Slideous hasn't implemented those cool features ?
- different backgrounds for individual slides (Html Slidy).
- semivisible / highlighted incremental items (S5).
I have tested Slideous with
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5
- Internet Explorer 6.0
- Opera 8.5
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!